Hearty Roasted Veggie Salad
Did you overdo it a bit during the holidays?
A little too much merrymaking, perhaps? Are you ready to get back to reality now that January’s here?
Well luckily, you don’t have to give up flavor to get back to healthy eating. To get you started, we present a healthy, hearty, seasonal salad to kick off the new year. Crisp, roasted root veggies are seasoned with a sharp vinaigrette for a flavorful, colorful main dish. After a day spent in January’s chill, this salad is sure to warm tummies and convert almost anyone into a fan of vegetables!
Servings: 2 Full Servings
- 3 beets
- 1 c. olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ tsp. salt, divided
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- ¾ tsp. pepper, divided
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 3 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 c. mixed greens
- 1 c. walnuts, chopped
- ½ c. crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- On a cutting board, cut the root end of the beets so they lie flat on the surface. Place each beet on a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil and season with ¼ tsp. salt. Wrap the foil around each beet and pinch the top of the foil together until the beet is sealed in.
- Spread the onions, carrots, parsnips, and sweet potato on a sheet pan. Drizzle with 3 tbsp. olive oil and season with ½ tsp. pepper and ½ tsp. salt. Toss the vegetables until coated and spread them evenly in the pan.
- Make space for the beets and place them on the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the vegetables begin to crisp and caramelize.
- In a large bowl, mix ½ c. of the olive oil with the balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and garlic powder, and whisk until combined. Add the parsley and season with salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Add the mixed greens and roasted vegetables to the bowl with the vinaigrette and toss until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle each serving with walnuts and feta.
Recipe provided by Tasty.
Posted from Vibrant Living - Temp Fix Newsletter - https://www.vibrantlivingnewsletter.com/single-post/2018/11/16/Hearty-Roasted-Veggie-Salad
This article is for information purposes only and is not an advertisement to extend customer credit as defined by Section 12 CFR 1026.2 Regulation Z. Program rates, terms and conditions are subject to change at any time.
Cason Home Loans | Equal Housing Lender | NMLS# 162651