One-Pot Lemon Pepper Chicken and Rice
When life gets busy, there’s nothing better than a quick one-pot meal that you can put together on a weeknight. This hearty chicken dish will fill your belly with delicious sustenance … but not your kitchen sink with dirty dishes! The creamy, garlicky sauce infuses the chicken with flavor and turns the rice into a beautiful base. Add your favorite seasonal veggies like broccoli, brussels sprouts, and beets for a complete dinner.
Servings: 4 (plus extra rice!)
3 tbsp. lemon pepper
1 tbsp. paprika
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 lbs. chicken thighs with skin
4 tbsp. butter
1 yellow onion, diced
½ c. arborio rice
¼ c. white wine
4 c. chicken broth
½ c. milk
Pepper to taste
1 c. Parmesan cheese
¼ c. parsley (optional)
- Combine lemon pepper, paprika, and ⅓ of the garlic in a small bowl.
- In a large oven-proof pot, heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Season both sides of the chicken and place in the pot, skin side down. Cook for 3 minutes, then turn the heat up to medium-high and cook for an additional 2 minutes (or until browned).
- Turn the chicken over and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pot and set aside.
- With a paper towel, carefully wipe out excess fat from pot, leaving the seasoning.
- On medium-high heat, melt half the butter in the pot and add the diced onions and the rest of the garlic. Cook until onions are translucent, about 1-2 minutes.Add the rice and stir until it too becomes translucent, another 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine and let it cook until most of the wine has evaporated (about 2 minutes).
- Add the chicken broth, 1 c. of milk, and a dash of pepper; stir and bring to a simmer.
- Place the chicken back into the pot. Cover with a lid or foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove lid after 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and broil on high for 2-3 minutes or until the skin has nicely browned.
- Add the remaining butter, milk, Parmesan cheese, and parsley to the rice. Stir until well combined.
- Place the chicken on top of the rice and serve.
Recipe provided by Tasty.
Posted from Vibrant Living Newsletter - https://www.vibrantlivingnewsletter.com/single-post/2019/08/02/One-Pot-Lemon-Pepper-Chicken-and-Rice
This article is for information purposes only and is not an advertisement to extend customer credit as defined by Section 12 CFR 1026.2 Regulation Z. Program rates, terms and conditions are subject to change at any time.
Cason Home Loans | Equal Housing Lender | NMLS# 162651