Chocolate Peppermint Silk Pie
One of the best holiday traditions is creating and indulging in your favorite holiday desserts.
This Chocolate Peppermint Silk Pie will be a welcome addition to your lineup of classic family recipes. The cool peppermint flavor adds a festive holiday touch, combining flawlessly with the smooth, chocolatey filling. If you’re not a fan of peppermint, simply leave it out or substitute vanilla. Top off your pie with crushed peppermint candies and shaved chocolate for some lovely color and a minty crunch.
- 3 eggs
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 ½ c. water
- 1 pie crust, prepared
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 8 oz. chocolate, melted
- 8 tbsp. butter, cubed
- ½ c. whipped cream, plus more for garnish
- Shaved chocolate, for garnish
- ⅔ c. crushed peppermint candies, for garnish
Note: You’ll need a food thermometer to know when the eggs have reached the right temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a medium heat-proof bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with an electric hand mixer until combined.
- Add the water to a small pot over low heat and rest the bowl on top. Continue to beat the egg mixture on low speed until it reaches 160˚F. Remove the bowl from the heat and stir as it cools.Lay a prepared pie crust in a 9-inch pie dish.
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper over crust and place 4 spoons or dried beans in the center to weigh down the crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool.
- Add the peppermint extract and melted chocolate to the egg mixture. Stir until combined.
- Gradually beat in the butter until well combined.
- Gradually fold in the whipped cream until just incorporated.
- Carefully spoon the filling into the prepared pie crust and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with whipped cream, shaved chocolate, and crushed peppermint candies.
Posted from Vibrant Living Newsletter - https://www.vibrantlivingnewsletter.com/single-post/2019/10/29/Chocolate-Peppermint-Silk-Pie
This article is for information purposes only and is not an advertisement to extend customer credit as defined by Section 12 CFR 1026.2 Regulation Z. Program rates, terms and conditions are subject to change at any time.
Cason Home Loans | Equal Housing Lender | NMLS# 162651